Heavy use and high potency commercialized marijuana are real dangers of pot commercialization. Already this latest addiction for profit industry is proved to follow the others: 80% of sales come from 20% of daily chronic users. And as prices inevitably collapse with over supply, so do the tax revenues leaving insufficient funding for health services, regulation, enforcement and prevention.
This is unprecedented — a side effect of pot commercialization: much more heavy use of a much more potent drug.
This pot market takes on a life of its own. It quickly slips out of control. Agricultural economics and commodity market stampedes.
- supply goes up
- prices plummet
- a glut of product results
- cheap excess drug gets pushed onto new consumers
- potency is driven up as producers try to differentiate their products
- more people use more potent pot more often
- predictable health and mental health consequences